Giddings-Lovejoy Presbytery and its member congregations have been asked to provide volunteers to help with everything from onsite registration to golf cart shuttle drivers. This is an incredible opportunity for us to extend the hand of fellowship to our brothers and sisters from across the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Help is needed in the following areas. As a token of our gratitude you're invited to attend Big Tent activities at no additional cost for the same day of your service.
- On-site Registration
- Information Booth
- Greeters / Guides
- Meal Helpers
- Children / Youth Program Receptionist
- Shuttle Drivers
Click on the SignUp Genius link below to read detailed descriptions about each opportunity. Volunteer positions will be updated periodically as the event date get closer. Please contact Kris Valerius (Kris.Valerius@pcusa.org) with any questions you might have.
- After you visit our Sign Up! Genius page immediately login or create an account if you're a first time user of this service.
- The system requires you to complete a volunteer request for only one role at a time. If you’d like to sign up for another please click the “Return to Sign Up” button at the bottom of the page & repeat.
- FINAL STEP - Purchasing a Parking Pass
Washington University has very limited parking for the general public so it will be necessary for all volunteers to purchase parking passes. These are actual parking passes from the university that are available for 1 single day, 2 consecutive days or 3 consecutive days. EXAMPLE: If you're volunteering on Thursday, July 6 and Saturday, July 8 you will need to purchase the 2 Nonconsecutive Day parking pass. That is one of the options we've made available in the drop-down menu as you proceed to purchase. To purchase your parking pass you must return to the Big Tent Volunteer Registration page and click on the “Parking Pass” tab at the top. It’s the very last option on the right.
- Detailed Instructions on how to complete the volunteer registration process (.PDF)
- Bulletin Inserts to distribute at church services or other events (.PDF)
- Volunteer Description Booklet (.PDF)