2020 Vision Team
The 222nd General Assembly (2016) created the 2020 Vision Team “to develop a guiding statement for the denomination and make a plan for its implementation with all deliberate speed. The process of developing such a guiding statement will help us to name and claim our denominational identity as we seek to follow the Spirit into the future” (Minutes, 2016, Part I, pp.40, 257 of the electronic journal).
The committee shall be made up of at least six teaching elders and at least six ruling elders, and the following demographic traits should be considered when naming members of the committee:
- gender identity
- geographic location
- inclusion of people under the age of forty (with special attention paid to young adult advisory delegates (YAADs) serving on the Assembly Committee on “The Way Forward” of the 222nd General Assembly (2016)
- racial ethnic minorities
- those engaged in both parish and validated ministries
- theological diversity (people representative of all the “clusters” identified in “When We Gather at the Table”)
The Co-Moderators of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) shall serve as additional, ex officio, members of this committee.
- Ruling Elder Bernadette Coffee, Co-Moderator
- Teaching Elder Lisa Juica Perkins, Co-Moderator
- Full Team Membership
All dates are in 2017.
- February 11–12 in Irving, Texas
- July 6-8 in St. Louis, Missouri during Big Tent
- October 14 in St. Louis at Polity Conference