Cooperative ministries, cooperative parishes
List of cooperative ministries and cooperative parishes
- Mission at the Eastward, an historic Presbyterian cooperative ministry "reaching the last house on the road since 1954"
- Calvary St. Andrew's Presbyterian Parish, Rochester, New York
What is cooperative ministry?
Cooperative ministry is:
- A witness to our unity in Christ.
- A way for small congregations to respond to God’s call for ministry in their community.
- A way for congregations to do ministry that one congregation could not do alone.
- A multiple-staff model of ministry that shares ministry among a team of persons with different gifts.
- A model that draws upon the gifts of all of God’s people for ministry.
- A covenantal style of ministry.
Different configurations of cooperative ministries
There are many different configurations of cooperative ministries including:
- three or more PC(USA) congregations;
- PC(USA) congregations in cooperative ministry with churches of other denominations;
- rural parishes;
- urban clusters;
- small congregations and middle-sized congregations sharing ministry together;
- or ministries staffed by ministers, CLPs, educators, interns or volunteers.
Spiritual Vitality Through Cooperative Ministry
$3.00 Item #2331608001