Finances for ministers
- The Board of Pensions provides publications and workshops about clergy finances including clergy taxes. Call the Board of Pensions RESPONSE line toll free for tax assistance (800) 455-5129.
- Newly ordained ministers with educational debt may be eligible for the Seminary Debt Assistance Program.
- Pastors of small PC(USA) congregations and emerging worshiping communities engaged in a part-time and/or temporary pastoral position may apply for loan repayment assistance from the Transformational Leadership Debt Assistance program.
- Leadership Training Scholarships are available to small church pastors planning to attend a training event through the Small Church and Community Ministry office.
- Understanding Effective Salary (PDF)
- Financial aid for inquirers and candidates and funding for continuing education is available. Ask if your presbytery has funds available for scholarships or continuing education. See if you qualify for financial aid from the PC(USA) Office of Financial Aid or The Omaha Foundation.
- Information about ministerial salaries (PDF)
- The Louisville Institute offers eight grant programs for research and study.