Ruling Elder Training
- "Theocademy: Preparation for Ordered Ministry" . What is ordered ministry and why is it important to the Presbyterian Church? What does one need to know to be an effective leader in the Presbyterian church? These videos will explore and answer these and other questions about ordained leadership in the Presbyterian tradition.
- "Called to Discipleship: Preparing Church Officers for Leadership". A complete training course used at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis, MN in three parts: Part 1 (introduction), Part 2 (lesson planning suggestions), and Part 3 (appendices).
- “Making Disciples, Making Leaders: A Manual for Presbyterian Church Leader Development” Two-part book series that includes a Leader Guide and Participant Workbook introducing biblical principles for leadership before describing the important task of the nominating committee as well as a step-by-step curriculum for a four-session leadership training course.
- “Creating Ruling Elder Training”. A PowerPoint presentation of slides for pastors and other church leaders as they think about what might be included in preparing ruling elders to serve.
- “Principles of Presbyterian Polity”. A PowerPoint presentation originally used in the Presbytery of East Tennessee by former Stated Clerk, Rev. Gradye Parsons, and edited for general use in Ruling Elder training.
- “Opening Doors to Discipleship”. An online series of four courses in the Presbyterian/Reformed tradition to help leaders be effective in their ministries. While the courses are free, an online code is required and can be secured through the PC(USA) Office of the General Assembly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.