How Can I Apply?
Personal Reference Form (Word document)
Thank you for your interest in serving on a General Assembly level committee. Before continuing, please read the following.
- Read about the GA nominations process.
- Review the list of vacancies, noting the specified qualifications for each committee.
- Decide prayerfully which committee you wish to apply for.
- Know your presbytery and synod name.
- Think through your responses to the following questions:
Why are you interested in serving on this particular committee?
How does your commitment to Jesus Christ shape your participation in the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)?
To assist the General Assembly Nominating Committee in addressing the Presbyterian Church’s commitment to theological diversity, please briefly describe your theological perspective.
What relevant experience, gifts, and skills would you bring to the work of this committee?
What professional and/or church experience would contribute to your service on this committee?
Can you provide a list of your ecclesiastical service — congregation, presbytery, synod, General Assembly, and/or ecumenical? If a minister, please give length of service in current position. Please list any corporate and not-for-profit board or committee service.
- Know who you will ask to serve as your references. You will need 3 personal references.Word Icon
Application Deadline – December 2, 2013
Reference materials must be received by January 6, 2014
Review the descriptions for each entity to which the GANC makes nominations.
If you are ready to make and submit your application, you may contact Valerie Small.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Valerie Small, Assistant Stated Clerk and Manager for GA Nominations.
Thank you again for your willingness to serve the larger church. Grace to you and peace.